Username

Password

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
 Print Thread
Control Improvements - Suggestions
Sparky
One of things we've been adding into v13 are a number of general control improvements.

In CP Mode you can now increase and decrease swing strength using the mouse wheel. Clicking the mouse wheel will execute a spank.

We've also added back buttons to most linear conversations. During conversations parts where a decision is required there is now an optional-feature to require a click and second (in a different location) confirmation click to continue.

I am unsure if it will make it into the build, but we are also looking at making the game completely controllable using the mouse.

Are there any other control improvements ideas that you would find useful?

JeremyBro30
At some point, probably not soon, but since its on the right game engine, maybe an option to use a Xbox 360 controller? I am not sure we actually need it, but it might be interesting.

Sparky
maybe an option to use a Xbox 360 controller?

We may do this, though unlikely in the next build.

For movement it's very simple to implement, but for accessing menus and conversations we'd need to write a new subsystem for controller based control.

In theory you could map mouse control to one of the analog sticks and then left and right mouse to controller buttons, but it kind of defeats the purpose just to emulate a mouse.

JeremyBro30
Sparky wrote:

maybe an option to use a Xbox 360 controller?

We may do this, though unlikely in the next build.

For movement it's very simple to implement, but for accessing menus and conversations we'd need to write a new subsystem for controller based control.

In theory you could map mouse control to one of the analog sticks and then left and right mouse to controller buttons, but it kind of defeats the purpose just to emulate a mouse.

Menus and conversations could be mapped to the letter key buttons on the Xbox 360 controller (A,X,Y,Cool. Movements yes the right analog stick is usually movement, and the left one is usually looking around. (unless I got it backwards) I am not saying it would be easy, but it would be 1 step closer to being able to play it on a Xbox 360. Pfft

Jump to Forum: