Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
View Thread
 Print Thread
Game Failing to Start? - Check Your Anti-Virus Software
Sparky
We've received reports that certain anti-virus apps, in particular AVAST and NORTON, are erroneously flagging the game and preventing it from being launched.

Norton seems to notify the user, while AVAST just causes the game to fail silently without any notification.

So if the game is failing to start we suggest you first try disabling your anti-virus app (or any security apps) and try to launch the game again.

If it works, please let us know what anti-virus app you are using so that we can better investigate why these apps are erroneously flagging and interfering with the game.
Edited by Sparky on 13-01-2016 01:25

JeremyBro30
Hmm I am using Microsoft Security Essentials. The newest build works just fine for me.

ktony
DM used to run for me. I have since done a full reinstall of Windows 7 64 bit. Now, when I try to run the game, I get the following error details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dm-pre-alpha-v12-3.exe
Application Version: 0.12.3.0
Application Timestamp: 56570fea
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23418
Fault Module Timestamp: 5708a7e4
Exception Code: e0434352
Exception Offset: 0000c54f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Of course, I don't know that the Windows reinstall is really the significant factor. I just got around to trying the game for the first time after. The above occurs, even when I have Norton Internet Security set to "Disable Auto-Protect."

Sparky
DM used to run for me. I have since done a full reinstall of Windows 7 64 bit. Now, when I try to run the game, I get the following error details:

Did you re-install the XNA Framework?

ktony
Did you re-install the XNA Framework?

Oops! Now I have.
Problem: Loose Nut Behind Keyboard.

Thanks!

JeremyBro30
Interesting Norton did not try to delete it this time. It came up with Norton File Insight, but gave me choises, and one was open normal everytime, or something to that effect.

Jump to Forum: